Join our team
Go along with us on our quest for a sustainable future
People are our biggest asset
That’s why we treat our employees with generosity and care.
We offer unique and flexible working conditions for our entire team.
Are you an expert in ?
Then you are the unicorn we're looking for! Look below at our current job offers or submit an open application
and we’ll contact you when we do see opportunities for you.
Are you a technical specialist looking for a new challenge and willing to work in an international team of specialists? Feel free to explore our open vacancies.
Lead Solar PV Engineer (m/f)
Pulsar Power is a young start-up company based in Belgium with activities in Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Greece and Italy. We do provide Technical Advice, plant inspection and full owner’s engineering for renewable energy plants.
To support the company’s further growth and expansion, Pulsar Power is looking for a Lead Solar PV Engineer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Actively support the further development of the organisation in the field and expertise of solar PV design, optimisation, and yield.
- Advice clients on best available technologies and designs to optimally integrate solar energy onto a client’s land or roof.
- You will support the creation of state-of-the-art engineering models to allow technical-commercial sensitivity analysis on solar PV designs.
- You will actively lead the CAD design team for our ground mount and roofmount projects.
- You will be the first point of contact with substructure suppliers.
- Calculating wind loads and review of wind load calculations will be part of your daily tasks
- You will directly report to the CTO.
- You will be based in our office in Geel (BE)
- You hold a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent by extensive experience.
- Expert experience in Autocad 3D. Virtuosolar or PVcase are a strong plus.
- Relevant extensive experience in the field of solar PV design is a must.
- Experience with solar PV in the areas of C&I rooftop, utility scale ground mount and single axis trackers is a must.
- Proficient in DC string design and inverter topology
- Strong analytical mind and working experience.
- Expert knowledge of PVsyst and techno-commercial PV design.
- Strong application knowledge of Eurocode EN1991-1-3 and EN1991-1-4.
- Knowledge of software and controls for inverter management.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch. Other languages are a strong plus.
- You will co-decide the projects that will be taken on and have an active role in the direction and profitability of selected projects.
- A chance to be part of an entrepreneurial environment with a strong impact on the energy transition.
- Possibility to work in a company with a strong focus on knowledge and expertise.
- An environment with opportunities for personal development and growth.
- Extensive international training courses can be offered to deepen your knowledge and field of expertise.
- Open and flexible working environment
- A competitive salary completed with extra-legal benefits.